At the beginning of a romantic relationship, it’s often hard to keep your hands… and lips… off each other. As a new couple, you look for each and every opportunity to slip away to sneak in a few quick kisses until you get that coveted alone time together. But somehow, as times passes, that insatiable desire wanes and couples begin to focus less on each other.
“An early warning sign that a couple is drifting away from one another is that they stop kissing, so (it’s important to) keep finding time for passionate kissing”.
“Making out is a great way to maintain or build and increase intimacy between a couple”. “Even if one person or the other isn’t interested in having sex, it can be great to spend time hugging, kissing, and making out. Very simply, it helps to maintain a physical bond with one another.”
The secret to successful make out sessions is keeping it different. “Don’t do exactly the same thing each time”.
5 tips to help set the mood for making out are:
How to Make Time to Make Out
1. Turn down the lights or light some aromatherapy candles.
2. Get in a comfortable position and make sure your partner is comfortable. (If you’re at home, gather lots of pillows and a soft blanket to snuggle under.)
3. Focus on your partner and have them focus on you. This means no phone, no TV, and no distractions.
4. Lean close and begin to kiss his lips. Then, slide your hand behind his head and pull him closer to you.
5. Get lost in your partner and the kiss. To make your kisses irresistible,“Use different techniques with your mouth, lips, and tongue. You can simply pucker and kiss or use an open mouth kiss.”
While making out, “Experiment by kissing different areas of each other’s bodies. You can kiss any part of your lover’s body and, if you pay attention to their reactions and listen to them, you will find the areas they like to have kissed. A few examples are the neck, the earlobes, the mouth, cheeks, shoulders, fingers, hands– you get the picture!”
If you try these tips and your partner still seems to want to move on from making out after only a few minutes, “Try to encourage him to keep kissing and making out by finding some of his erogenous zones and playing with his body, “Run your hands over his body to find out which areas other than the obvious areas– he likes you to rub, stroke, massage, and kiss. Show him there are other ways to please one another rather than rushing to have sex each time you have time together. This can also build the anticipation and make sex even better for both of you.”